Central England Co-operative
H9. Domestic Violence
19 November, 2014
Submitted: 9 June, 2015
Central England Co-operative has recognised the importance of supporting colleagues experiencing domestic violence and is prepared to support colleagues during these difficult periods.
Guidance on internal and external help for colleagues and managers to deal with domestic violence are available via our intranet and include links to external sources of help and support for colleagues and managers, including information on:
• The Corporate Alliance against domestic violence, which provides background information for managers and professionals on the workplace implications of domestic violence;
• Respect (more details are available on its website), which provides practical information and advice on domestic violence for perpetrators, the abused, health and social care professionals, and family and friends; and
• the National domestic violence Helpline (more details are available on its website), which provides advice for those experiencing domestic violence.
Documents to support this:
• CIPD Guide on Managing and Supporting Employees experiencing domestic abuse
• Department of Health and CAADA Guide on Responding to colleagues experiencing domestic abuse: Colleague
• Department of Health and CAADA Guide on Responding to colleagues experiencing domestic abuse: Manager