George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
H7. Mental Health and Wellbeing
28 February, 2014
Submitted: 28 February, 2014
The Trust delivers training to its workforce and managers in the form of :
- general training for staff on mental health awareness - making every contact count;
- manager specific training developed with support from the organisation's psychology service on stress identification and management.
Wellbeing and mental health interventions
- The Trust undertakes a programme of identification of hotspot areas in relation to sickness and ill health with a particular focus on health.
- Psychological support has been provided and continues to be provided in departments where there is an identified issue or critical incident involving staff.
- The Trust has close links with the Nuneaton and Bedworth foodbank and enables staff to volunteer in this area
- The Trust is part of the Give and Gain initiative in 2014 enabling staff to get involved with volunteering projects and enabling volunteers to undertake projects within the Trust;
-The Trust makes a whole range of adjustments to the work environment and organisation of work to support mental health issues