H7. Mental Health and Wellbeing
12 November, 2013
Submitted: 11 November, 2013
Mental Health & Wellbeing
We will create an environment where anyone with past or present experience of mental ill health is valued, respected and able to flourish
We will provide all employees with the environment, knowledge and tools to develop and maintain their emotional resilience and mental wellbeing,
We will raising awareness of, the need to provide access to support enabling employees to maintain a positive mental health
What does it set out to achieve?
To promote workplace wellbeing for all staff and improve the provision of work related support for people with experience of mental ill health
To reduce stigma and discrimination toward mental ill health within employment at NHS England
How will we achieve it?
- Raise awareness of mental health and the signs and symptoms of mental ill health,
- Promote positive support for employees experiencing mental ill health
- Provide managers guide to reducing stress
Excellent Organisation Programme
- Implement and roll-out Mental Health First Aid Training for staff across the organisation
- Implement and roll-out resilience workshops for staff across the organisation
- To sign up to the Timer to Change TTC Pledge
- Reduce where possible workplace triggers and or exasperators of stress
- Raise awareness of the importance of undertaking stress risk assessment/s
- Promote and sign post employees to self - help and services available to them to assist in symptom - coping management
- Making reasonable adjustments for employees identified at risk, and or living with mental illness.