M.B.Roche & Sons Ltd
H10. Construction and Civil Engineering Industries
11 October, 2013
Submitted: 29 October, 2013
As part of the Public Health Responsibility Deal, M.B.Roche & Sons Ltd are signed up to the 5 core commitments in relation to our employees:
1. We recognise that we have a vital role to play in improving people’s health.
2. We will encourage and enable people to adopt a healthier diet.
3. We will foster a culture of responsible drinking, which will help people to drink within guidelines.
4. We will encourage and assist people to become more physically active.
5. We will actively support our workforce to lead healthier lives.
In addition to the 5 Core Commitments, we have signed up to the industry specific H10 Pledge for Construction and Civil Engineering Industries. M.B.Roche & Sons Ltd pledge to manage the causes of occupational disease and take action to improve the health and wellbeing of our operatives. We recognise that prevention and early intervention is the key to success and will take on-going action on the following:
1. Annual reporting of the health and wellbeing of employees on issues including Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome, Muscular Problems, Dermatitis and Hand Injuries, Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Respiratory Problems.
2. Arrangements to develop a programme to actively promote health and wellbeing and the effective management of health such as smoking cessation and promoting healthy lifestyles