The core commitments define the scope, purpose and high-level ambitions of the Responsibility Deal.
Partners sign up to support all of the core commitments. In doing so, they are confirming their support for the Deal’s ambitions and are committing to take action in support of them where they can.
The business community, voluntary sector and non-governmental organisations have already done a great deal to help people achieve a healthier diet, increase their levels of physical activity, drink sensibly and understand the health risks of their lifestyle choices.
Signatories to the Public Health Responsibility Deal will work in support of the following core commitments in relation to their customers and staff, where relevant.
- We recognise that we have a vital role to play in improving people’s health.
- We will encourage and enable people to adopt a healthier diet.
- We will foster a culture of responsible drinking, which will help people to drink within guidelines.
- We will encourage and assist people to become more physically active.
- We will actively support our workforce to lead healthier lives.