← Return to partner profile
H9. Domestic Violence
19 February, 2014
Submitted: 18 May, 2015
Please describe measures you have taken to ensure that an appropriate, safe and sensitive response can be implemented to support your staff in response to experience of stalking, violence or abuse in their lives, which has an effect on people in the workplace.
The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust is committed to tackling domestic abuse in the workplace. This includes assisting employees to identify, report and receive appropriate support in dealing with domestic abuse.
- has a policy of Domestic Abuse which was updated and ratified in August 2014. This provides advice and guidance to managers and staff.
- provide training on domestic abuse which is included within our safeguarding training. There is also more focused training on honour based abuse, forced marriages and female genital mutilation.
- has a senior nurse for adult safeguarding who provides expert advice, training and support to employees.
- have a planned safeguarding awareness day - which includes domestic abuse
- promote the guidance for employees and employers through a variety of communication channels.
Staff and managers are also able to seek advice and support from Human Resources, Occupational Health, CARE confidential listening service and the Chaplaincy team
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand