← Return to partner profile
P4. Physical Activity in the Workplace
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 18 May, 2015
Through your physical activity pledges you will be working with employees, customers/consumers and/or local communities. For each group (as applicable) please describe the specific activities or projects you have undertaken over the past year.
For example, employee incentive schemes to promote physical activity, awareness raising activities or improvements to facilites to promote active travel.
In 2014/15 we worked with our charity partner, Sue Ryder, to promote and encourage colleagues to exercise with a purpose. The response from our stores and sites across the country was fantastic, with some stand-out highlights below:
- South West: colleagues cycled 52,000 miles on static bikes over the course of a Bank Holiday weekend. This feat (equivalent to twice around the world) raised over £128,000
- South East: at least one colleague from every store in the region trained for the London to Brighton bike ride, with colleagues in store cycling on static bikes to support their colleagues. In total over 170 colleagues took part in the cycle and raised over £185,000
- Midlands: 33 colleagues from the Midlands took part in the Great North Run, raising over £135,000 in the process
- The North: our stores in the North region held a baton relay, with stores travelling by non-motorised forms of transport from one store to the next. They cycled, ran and walked their way from Carlisle and Chester-le-Street finishing in Bradford 10 days later
- Scotland: Our stores in Scotland held a round the world static bike challenge raising over £70,000
For example, supporting/sponsoring local physical activity programmes, promoting physical activity to customers through website campaigns or in-store materials.
For example, support for community-based physical activity programmes (such as funding, sponsorship or other promotion activity), working with local partners to engage communities is physical activity opportunities.
Please estimate the number of your employees who participated in your workplace physical activity programmes over the last year and explain how you arrived at this estimate.
Has the number of your employees participating in your workplace physical activity programmes increased since last year? If unknown, please explain why.
We would be interested to know if your pledge activity over the last year has delivered a measurable increase in participation in physical activity. If so, please describe and provide an estimate of the level of increase and how you measured this. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand