← Return to partner profile
H3. Health & Wellbeing Report
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 11 May, 2015
Please describe how you report on the health and wellbeing of your employees, including annual sickness rates
We continue to provide an in-house occupational health service together with a very robust employee assistance programme including free counselling, a 24hr employee helpline in addition to a 24hr GP service for all our employees and their immediate families. Our “be-healthy” gateway has been reviewed to ensure it continues to provide the best possible expert advice, coupled with comprehensive information on a wide range of health related topics to all of our people including the ability to calculate your health age based on the information they provide.
We also reviewed our Health and Wellbeing activity to ensure it clearly aligned to our business strategy moving forward. At AXA PPP we always want to be sure that our employees have input into what works for them, rather than merely just receiving a service so - as part of the review we took feedback from various focus groups. We were then able to define a clear, meaningful and robust Health and Wellbeing programme to take forward. Our programme encompasses many initiatives including:
• Free flu vaccinations (administered by a qualified Nurse) for employees who do not qualify for an NHS vaccination. Those unable to take advantage of this “on-site” were provided with a voucher to take to a Pharmacy local to them.
• Set up arrangements with many local pools in and around all of our office locations and provided free swimming vouchers to employees.
• We have a range of free clinics and consultations in place which aim to help our employees achieve a healthier lifestyle. These include:
o Free group sessions with a local Nutritionist to provide dietary advice
o Cholesterol Clinics
o Osteo Consultations
Holiday Clinics/Mole scanning
• We have Resilience workshops to enable people to understand better how to deal with stressful situations – particularly during times of change
We recognise the need to look after employees outside of hours we have therefore recruited residential Life Coaches in order to help employees with any issues that maybe effecting them outside of work but impacting them inside work.
• “Tea and Talk” sessions have taken place with have enabled us to break through the mental health stigma that can exist, as well as supporting those with psychological needs.
We are also a Mindful Employer and recently have signed up to the Time To Change Pledge.
• Exercise classes take place which include Bokwa and Yoga.
• We have converted one of our meetings rooms into a Health and Wellbeing Lounge which provides a place of tranquility for people to relax in – particularly important for those employees who may have handled a distressing call from a member. The room also provides equipment for monitoring weight which is a discreet and private way for employees to track their progress if dieting or indeed just keep a regular check on their weight. We are also looking at providing a blood pressure monitor. The room has massage chairs, relaxing music, a fish tank and a wealth of healthy reading material – all of which give an overall feeling of calm. The room has been so successful we are looking to provide a similar venue at our other sites a lot quicker than we had anticipated.
• There have been several “Fairs” held at our sites where we have a variety of stalls that employees can visit to get a wide range of information in a relaxed and informal setting.
• We have even taken on an Allotment which, in addition to being part of our Corporate Responsibility programme does fit with the wellbeing of our employees who find gardening relaxing, therapeutic and can enjoy their own freshly grown produce. Once established this will also be a method of raising further monies for our chosen charity as we are looking at selling “vegetable boxes” to employees.
We are very proud of the Health and Wellbeing programme we have in place here at AXA PPP and all of the initiatives listed above are becoming our “business as usual” to ensure we continue to help all of our employees remain healthy and reduce absence levels caused by stress, psychological issues, muscular-skeletal problems and general poor health through diet.
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand