← Return to partner profile
S2. Promoting the Responsibility Deal
5 November, 2014
Submitted: 30 April, 2015
Please describe the how you have promoted the Public Health Responsibility Deal to your member organisations over the last year. There is a 2,000 character limit when completing this.
In addition to BBPA signing up to all alcohol pledges and pledges on health and wellbeing and physical activity in the workplace, we have worked with brewing and pub owning members to sign up to the pledges that are relevant to them.
To support members in meeting current obligations and encourage them to commit to take further action where appropriate we have:
- Ensured the Responsibility Deal and actions to support it is a standing agenda item for discussion at our primary meetings with member companies;
- Published updates on progress of the Responsibility Deal to groups and in member newsletters;
- Supported members in reporting their progress made under existing pledges and in committing to further activity or new pledges;
- Created a new individual BBPA pledge to encourage promotion of lower-strength alcoholic products through the on-trade.
To support the operation of the Responsibility Deal and promote its effectiveness we have:
- Showcased company initiatives undertaken through the Responsibility Deal on the Responsibility section of our website - http://bit.ly/1GKEVB3
- Highlighted industry achievements under the Responsibility Deal to trade press and wider media and in briefings;
- Promoted the Responsibility Deal and effectiveness of the voluntary partnership approach to colleagues and stakeholders in Europe through the Brewers of Europe and internationally through the Worldwide Brewers Alliance;
- Sat on the Responsibility Deal Alcohol Network group to support the running of the alcohol pledges and also on the monitoring and evaluation group to ensure a robust process of measuring progress on pledges such as A8. Alcohol unit reduction;
- Held a joint event alongside the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group and the Portman Group to promote the progress made by companies as part of the billion unit pledge and as part of our individual pledge to promote lower-strength options in the on-trade and more widely.
How many of your member organisations signed up to the Public Health Responsibility Deal over the last year?
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand