← Return to partner profile
A2. Awareness of Alcohol Units in the On-trade
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 30 April, 2015
Please describe how you have promoted awareness of alcohol units, NHS drinking guidelines and the associated health harms in the on-trade, over the last year (2000 characters limit):
BBPA has continued to proactively promote the unit awareness campaign to members and seek opportunities to link up with external organisations with similar objectives to increase visibility of the campaign.
The campaign remains a five year commitment to the European Alcohol and Health Forum and our Forum report can be found here - http://bit.ly/1I0ZTMy
BBPA and member actions in the last year include:
- BBPA has made materials available to pubs and the wider on-trade to download via our website;
- Over 30,000 pubs have directly received materials either from BBPA or from member companies since the start of the campaign;
- Unit awareness posters have been made available to all twenty of the Government's 'Local Alcohol Action Areas';
- Member companies have continued to develop appropriate alternative methods of campaign communication including putting unit awareness graphics on drip mats, pump clips, responsible drinking guidance and glassware, as well as online;
- Unit awareness posters were once again made available to brewers at the Great British Beer Festival in August 2014;
In early 2014,the Department of Health commissioned Ipsos Mori (the independent polling company), to survey consumer awareness of health information. Specific questions were asked in relation to the BBPA unit awareness campaign. The report, published in May 2014 found that 58% of people had seen alcohol and health information and out of these 41% have seen unit information. Out of this 46% had seen information in pubs, clubs and restaurants and 57% had seen it in supermarkets and shops.
In addition 27% of those had seen the BBPA materials and for 18-24 year olds this was higher – 41%. Of those that had seen different materials, over half had also seen the BBPA unit materials. This was very encouraging and an endorsement of the efforts undertaken by companies and other partners to actively promote these materials.
The IPSOS Mori report is available here - http://bit.ly/1bigRHG
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand