← Return to partner profile
A4. Tackling Under-Age Alcohol Sales
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 29 April, 2015
Please describe your work to reduce and prevent under-age sales of alcohol, over the last year (2000 characters limit):
A4 Tackling Under Age Sales
Iceland continues to operate a successful Challenge 25 Serve 18 Policy in all of its 820 licensed premises throughout the United Kingdom.
• We continue to operate our own internal test purchase programme to check our stores are complying with the above policy. Colleagues failing to follow Company Policy will face disciplinary action.
• Iceland's Internal Audit Team assesses compliance with this Challenge 25 policy.
• Regular refresher training is provided to all licensed stores and this takes place twice a year
• A till prompt also appears when alcoholic products are scanned asking the cashier to verify the age of the customer.
• Till software is used to record any refused sales and at the end of each trading week Store Managers are to check the reason for refusal with the cashier and keep a log of this information for a rolling 12 month period.
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand