← Return to partner profile
A7(b). Targeted local action
9 July, 2014
Submitted: 28 April, 2015
Please describe what you have done to fund and/or support the activities of local alcohol partnership schemes in Local Alcohol Action Areas (2000 characters limit):
Diageo has been instrumental in the formation and development of the Social Responsibility Alliance (SRA). We are also core signatories to ‘Local Alcohol Action Areas’ pledge, and have committed additional monies to this project which has resulted in the following projects receiving funding:
1. Northamptonshire (supported by BBN and National Pubwatch) - £1,500 to support the redevelopment of the Northamptonshire Best Bar None Scheme;
2. Hastings (supported by PASS and CAPs) - £1,500 to support a Door Staff Training Initiative on preventing underage access and reducing alcohol harm;
3. Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire (supported by CAPs) - £1,000 to support a Proxy Purchasing project involving pavement chalk advertising, to work in conjunction with 6 below;
4. Kingsthorpe and St Davids, Northamptonshire (supported by CAPs) - £1,500 to support a Street Football scheme in the CAP area for males and females aged 8-19 years of age;
5. Doncaster (supported by CAPs) - £1,313 to produce interesting, interactive alcohol awareness materials for use with young people;
6. Northamptonshire (supported by PASS and CAPs) - £3,500 to pilot and test a local approach to Proxy Purchasing, which a view to sharing outcomes with potential national partners, including the Home Office, DCLG, LGA, ACPO etc. The Committee have requested that this wider project link with 3 above.
We have also had discussions with those running the Halton LAAA to explore areas where Diageo might assist with their goals in tackling alcohol misuse and alcohol related ham.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand