← Return to partner profile
A5. Support for Drinkaware
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 28 April, 2015
Please describe how you have funded Drinkaware over the last year (2000 characters limit):
We continue to fund and fully support the aims and objectives of Drinkaware with a cash donation over the past 12 months of £475,000 as well as in-kind support via various media and communication channels. The Drinkaware website attracted an average of 23,000 unique visitors per day in 2014, a total of 8.3 million unique visitors over the course of the year. There were 43% more visitors to the Drinkaware website in 2014 than in the prior year, and almost four times as many than in 2010.
Drinkaware offers a number of online tools to inform people about the risks associated with drinking. In 2014:
• The Drinkaware Unit Calculator was completed 1.1 million times
• The Drinkaware web-based alcohol self-assessment questionnaire was completed 340,000 times
• The total number of MyDrinkaware current users rose to more than 330,000
The Drinkaware App
In August 2014, Drinkaware launched its free mobile app allowing users to track their drinking, calculate units and calories and set goals to cut down. With over half (55%) of visits to the Drinkaware website now coming from mobile and tablet, the app is an important tool to support people across all digital platforms.
The app has:
- An extensive list of alcohol brands with information on units and calories
- Regular, personalised feedback on drinking patterns
- The ability to set drinking goals
- Pinpoint services engaging people at times and locations where they say they need support
- Visual aids to see how drinking has changed over time
- Functionality to share progress with friends and family via social media
There were 54,000 downloads and 422,000 user sessions in the period August to December 2014. An independent evaluation to explore users’ motivations, app usage and changes in drinking behaviours will be published in 2015. The findings will be analysed in further detail by independent evaluators ahead of peer-reviewed journal publication in 2015.
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand