← Return to partner profile
H4. Healthier Staff Restaurants
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 27 April, 2015
Please decribe how you and your caterers have encouraged healthier restaurants/vending outlet/buffets (as applicable) for your staff over the last year. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
Healthy eating and providing our customers with the information to make informed food choices is a priority at H&J and the following initiatives were implemented in 2014-15 to help us make our staff restaurants healthier !
1. Our monthly marketing pack features focuses on seasonal fruit and veg each month wherein we provide information about the relevant fruit and veg items and feature them as ingredients in our menus for that month.
2. Our chef teams work very hard to ensure our recipes are balanced in terms of salt and fat content, without compromising on flavour. Our company chefs are constantly reviewing menus across our sites to ensure we are providing healthy food options to our customers.
3. All our staff restaurants feature a selection of fresh fruit and salad which is displayed prominently to attract customers to them providing a healthy alternative to chocolate and cakes.
4. We launched a healthy juice bar across our sites in January 2014.
5. Our April 2014 monthly marketing pack featured 'hydrate to work better ' with advice on the benefits of drinking more water. Table talkers and posters for the same were also made available to our sites to make our customers aware.
6. A range of dishes calories counted to contain fewer than 500 calories were launched in two sites in late 2014.
7. We have launched a range of no bake cakes across several sites. These are sweet treats made with nuts, sweetened with maple syrup and flavoured with dates or tahini.
8.We are promoting superfood salads with wild rice, quinoa, lentils, broccoli, carrots, mackerel, pulses like butter beans and proteins like chicken and egg across various sites.
9.We launched blitz pots launched in January 2015 – healthy smoothie mixes where customers select their ingredients and these are blended to order at point of sale to retain maximum vitamin content.
10. We now stock frozen yoghurt at several sites, which offers low fat, gluten free, high in iron and calcium.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand