← Return to partner profile
H10. Construction and Civil Engineering Industries
1 December, 2014
Submitted: 22 April, 2015
Please describe the programme you have in place to manage the cause of occupational disease and improve the health and wellbeing of your staff, by updating on progress in the following categories:
Please describe the programme you have in place:
Bridgeway believes that work-life balance plays an important part to the health and wellbeing of our employees and have initiated the following programmes to help them achieve this:
• Parental leave
• Flexible and part-time working
• Special / Compassionate leave
• Childcare vouchers
• Flu vaccinations option
• Quit smoking support
• Medical Surveillance / Health assessments
• Wellbeing services including mental wellbeing and stress management and free confidential counselling for work-related and/or personal issues
We have been actively promoting staff health and wellbeing through the following:
• Safety 3-4-3 bulletins – covering information on personal health and wellbeing issues, e.g. Healthy eating advice, seasonal health care, back care, Leptospirosis etc.
• Health campaigns – health check stations to monitor weight, blood pressure and BMI; Health Fact Sheets providing staff with useful health and wellbeing information.
• Fruit baskets – We provide staff in the office with a weekly delivery of a variety of fruits to encourage healthy eating
We have also encouraged staff programmes and also subsidised or provided for free other initiatives:
• Cycle to work – we have installed cycle racks and provided staff shower and locker facilities
• Weight Loss Club – staff are invited to join the “after Christmas to Easter” weight loss club to lose
• Staff activities – we support and encourage staff to organise activities including charity events and sports activities such as 5-a-side football, running club, marathons etc.
Bridgeway monitors staff rostering and travel time to reduce staff fatigue and ensure staff are adequately rested. To minimise travel time, where possible, we employ locally or provide alternative means of transport including vehicle sharing, minibuses with designated drivers, public transport or even overnight accommodation arrangements.
We believe that the above helps us achieve our objective of everyone home safe every day.
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand