← Return to partner profile
P4. Physical Activity in the Workplace
15 August, 2013
Submitted: 20 April, 2015
Through your physical activity pledges you will be working with employees, customers/consumers and/or local communities. For each group (as applicable) please describe the specific activities or projects you have undertaken over the past year.
For example, employee incentive schemes to promote physical activity, awareness raising activities or improvements to facilites to promote active travel.
During 2014/15 Land Registry has promoted physical activity in the workplace through the following:
1. Continuing promotion of cycle to work scheme
2. Local health and wellbeing committees have supported departmental intiatives such as the Charity for Civil Servants Virtual Walking Challenge as well as the provision of additional opportunities such as on site gyms (at some locations) and a variety of exercise classes such as yoga, running and walking groups, pilates, etc.
3. Departmental Social and Sports committee ran an annual sports day for its members as well as other physical activities including an LR Challenge.
4. Advertising benefits of walking through a 'Walking for Health' blog and promoting walk to work week.
5. Promoting benefits of exercise through a 'Get Active' blog as part of a mental health departmental campaign.
For example, supporting/sponsoring local physical activity programmes, promoting physical activity to customers through website campaigns or in-store materials.
For example, support for community-based physical activity programmes (such as funding, sponsorship or other promotion activity), working with local partners to engage communities is physical activity opportunities.
Please estimate the number of your employees who participated in your workplace physical activity programmes over the last year and explain how you arrived at this estimate.
186 people participated in the Virtual Walking Challenge (figure supplied by Charity for Civil Servants. Information on physical activity supplied to all LR staff (around 4,000) but unable to quantify numbers who actually accessed this.
Has the number of your employees participating in your workplace physical activity programmes increased since last year? If unknown, please explain why.
Participation in VWC decreased on previous years. Difficult to quantify participation numbers in other programmes.
We would be interested to know if your pledge activity over the last year has delivered a measurable increase in participation in physical activity. If so, please describe and provide an estimate of the level of increase and how you measured this. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand