← Return to partner profile
H9. Domestic Violence
25 June, 2013
Submitted: 22 May, 2014
Please describe measures you have taken to ensure that an appropriate, safe and sensitive response can be implemented to support your staff in response to experience of stalking, violence or abuse in their lives, which has an effect on people in the workplace.
The Domestic Abuse Support Group can report on progress in a number of areas this year:
- Organised an awareness raising event run by our partner, the Corporate Alliance Against Domestic Violence, to discuss what employers can do for those in the workplace affected by domestic violence or abuse;
- Continued to be represented at the Corporate Alliance Ambassadors Forum where employers come together to share good practice and experiences;
- We have redone all the posters in the toilets and got permission to put them up in Quarry House for the first time so all toilets in the estate now have up-to-date information;
- The Domestic Abuse Support Group was launched formally last Autumn and has a number of volunteers who come together in both Leeds and London who have been trained and are available to support people affected by domestic violence or abuse at work. The Group has supported some individuals who have come forward and meets regularly to discuss any learning and has developed a communications plan;
- Participated in health and Wellbeing Fairs which have had a stand on domestic violence and abuse to raise awareness across the Department and to publicise the work that we have done with the Corporate Alliance.
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand