← Return to partner profile
P4. Physical Activity in the Workplace
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 30 April, 2014
Through your physical activity pledges you will be working with employees, customers/consumers and/or local communities. For each group (as applicable) please describe the specific activities or projects you have undertaken over the past year.
For example, employee incentive schemes to promote physical activity, awareness raising activities or improvements to facilites to promote active travel.
In October 2013, we held our first ever Move Week for all Coca-Cola employees across Europe. In Britain, this included:
- Employee attendance at an offsite sports day held with our active lifestyles partner StreetGames, participating in football, basketball, dodge ball, table tennis and even egg and spoon races. Involvement generated points that were turned into charity donations to Mind, Body, Soul, a StreetGames community basketball programme for disadvantaged youth.
- Employee attendance at a talk on spinal health and correct posture at the workstation, including exercises to do at their desks.
- Fun runs, spin classes and a Move Week boot camp session.
- Stickers on the elevators encouraged everyone to take the stairs for a day, with rewards of bowls of fruit in the stairwells for those that did.
- A two-day bike doctor clinic ensured employees bicycles were in top shape, to encourage cycling to work.
We are continuing to build an active workforce by offering our employees free use of our on-site gym with daily classes, promoting physical activity opportunities such as team gym challenges and running clubs, and encouraging the use of the stairs versus lifts. Currently, 100 staff use the on-site gym - over a third of our employees.
We have an office Wellness team that continues to offer on-site classes and wellness events, as well as a loyalty programme to encourage active lifestyle.
In 2013, we held an all-associate event on Energy Balance for Healthy Living, reinforcing the benefits of physical activity.
For example, supporting/sponsoring local physical activity programmes, promoting physical activity to customers through website campaigns or in-store materials.
For example, support for community-based physical activity programmes (such as funding, sponsorship or other promotion activity), working with local partners to engage communities is physical activity opportunities.
Please estimate the number of your employees who participated in your workplace physical activity programmes over the last year and explain how you arrived at this estimate.
Has the number of your employees participating in your workplace physical activity programmes increased since last year? If unknown, please explain why.
We would be interested to know if your pledge activity over the last year has delivered a measurable increase in participation in physical activity. If so, please describe and provide an estimate of the level of increase and how you measured this. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand