← Return to partner profile
H9. Domestic Violence
25 June, 2013
Submitted: 12 March, 2014
Please describe measures you have taken to ensure that an appropriate, safe and sensitive response can be implemented to support your staff in response to experience of stalking, violence or abuse in their lives, which has an effect on people in the workplace.
Women's Aid's continues to be committed to ending domestic violence and providing a workplace environment where employees are able to identify, report and receive support in dealing with domestic violence. To achieve this we have:
- a workplace policy on domestic violence, including how we will support employees affected by abuse and how we will deal with perpetrators of abuse who are employees
- extensive information available and promoted on the extent and nature of domestic violence, including an organisational definition
- extensive information available and promoted about the options available to survivors, incuding legal remedies
- information promoted about and close working relationships with services supporting survivors of domestic violence
- access to an Employee Assistance programme to provide additional support where required
- training to all staff to ensure understanding of domestic violence and appropriate responses.
Women's Aid reviews these processes on a regular basis, ensuring that identified promising practice is reflected in our approach to supporting employees who may be affected by domestic violence.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand