← Return to partner profile
P4. Physical Activity in the Workplace
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 15 May, 2013
Through your physical activity pledges you will be working with employees, customers/consumers and/or local communities. For each group (as applicable) please describe the specific activities or projects you have undertaken over the past year.
For example, employee incentive schemes to promote physical activity, awareness raising activities or improvements to facilites to promote active travel.
American Express Continues To Provide Opportunities To Increase Physical Activity
In The Workplace By:
- Providing Onsite Fitness Classes At Three Of American Express UK's Major Locations With Ongoing Communication To Promote The Classes. Staff Usage Of The Fitness Classes Measured On A Monthly Basis With New Classes Introduced Based On Need And Employee Feedback.
- Incorporating A Dedicated Fitness Area Including A Gymnasium In The New Building Of The Largest American Express Uk Site.
- Supporting Innovative Ideas Such As Human Energy-Powered Bicycles To Encourage Team Work, Physical Activity And Supporting Csr Focus On Environmental Sustainability.
- Championing Employee-Driven Physical Activity Initiatives E.G. JP Morgan Challenge.
- Focusing One Of The Quarterly Communication Themes On Physical Activity.
For example, supporting/sponsoring local physical activity programmes, promoting physical activity to customers through website campaigns or in-store materials.
For example, support for community-based physical activity programmes (such as funding, sponsorship or other promotion activity), working with local partners to engage communities is physical activity opportunities.
Please estimate the number of your employees who participated in your workplace physical activity programmes over the last year and explain how you arrived at this estimate.
Has the number of your employees participating in your workplace physical activity programmes increased since last year? If unknown, please explain why.
We would be interested to know if your pledge activity over the last year has delivered a measurable increase in participation in physical activity. If so, please describe and provide an estimate of the level of increase and how you measured this. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
Comments are closed.
Sign up to become a partner or log in to manage your Partner profile
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand